I sent it to them to:
1. Let them know where I was coming from.
2. To find out whether each person is ACTUALLY going to commit to their own Goals / Targets by STEPPING UP TO THE MARK or simply tread water for the rest of 2014 = FAIL TO FOLLOW THROUGH.
".....the recent 4K Motion Camera Workflow Workshop was brilliant.
**What are YOUR ACTUAL Film Production GOALS for the months of FEBRUARY / MARCH 2014 or beyond ??
2014 is a year whereby I'll be aiming to personally make some exponential progress....and I'll be looking to work with many more people outside of Bristol ie. those who possess not only a vision, but also aptitude, good energy, a willingness to graft as a team-player ie. people prepared to get off their a** with the right kind of attitude to see the Job / Task thru.
Anyway below are some of my relevant GOALS for February and March 2014:
Early February 2014
I've just joined the BFVS (Bristol Film & Video Society),,,
By Mid-Late February 2014
Complete a Short Film - as an ACTOR - with a Film Maker & Actor who's based outside of Bristol.
By End of February 2014
Attend the Expo......
By Mid-March 2014
I want to have COMPLETED a HEAVILY summarized version of PPTKO Short Film Script.....
By the End of March 2014
I want to have completed my Role as Director for a Short Film (20 minute DRAMA) Written by...
Obviously we all know that we're not obliged to work with each other or if we do, not all the time etc or have to keep on informing each other of what we're doing - But since we're in the early part of 2014 & plus the fact that I've actually worked with each of you in both similar/related and differing capacities linked to Film Making / Production etc before - Do Let Me Know Where You're Coming From regarding Getting your OWN relevant Film / Creative Projects started, developed & completed - and also if I can be of service wherever / whenever relevant/possible..."
NB: As mentioned before, I was able to write this particular message because I know these people pretty well.
1. Three responses were positive - indicating that these people are focused ie. pointing out to me what they intend to do over the coming months / year - and how they may be able to help me out with some of my own projects and vice versa.
2. One person was irritated with me - which shows that they're still NOT CLEAR about their own Direction / Decision-Making OR Find it hard to Commit OR Lack Confidence OR possibly don't know how to ask for Advice/Help?
3. I'm still waiting to hear from a few more.
**It's great working with certain people from time to time - but it's essential to know which people are self-driven, committed, reliable, possess a positive attitude, have the right aptitude and are simply passionate about working together ;O)