1. I don’t have time. Oh sure. I know how demanding your social life is. Look, becoming a professional actor is not a game. It’s serious stuff and won’t happen by itself. If you can’t “find” time, you’ll have to MAKE time:
2. It’s too far away. A shame there are no trains to London and no buses or Tubes when you get here then. Millions of people commute to and from London every single day… all wafted in on magic carpets. Not. We’re all of FIVE MINUTES’ walk from Old Street Station. Poor you.
3. I can’t afford it. Hey, ‘How To Become A Professional Actor From Scratch’ is just £19.97. You’d be lucky to get a meal for that -- and instead you could be getting the ‘keys to the kingdom’ of acting. Because I’m sharing everything you need to know about becoming a professional actor.
4. I don’t have any experience. You don’t NEED any. That’s why it’s called ‘How To Become A Professional Actor From Scratch’.
5. I’m shy. Well, if you let that stand in your way, you will NEVER be a professional actor. You have to face your fear some day -- and the longer you leave it un-confronted, the bigger and scarier it gets. And better to face it in a seminar full of people who are in the same boat than to do it where you’re really under pressure.
6. I want to act NOT study. Yes, being a professional actor is just a matter of walking on set and magically turning out a riveting performance! That must be the secret! Meryl Streep, Al Pacino, Robert De Niro, Marlon Brando and all those other famous actors have it all wrong! They didn’t need to study and work hard at The Method at all! They just needed to turn up and Presto! Instant professional actor – just add water! I don’t think so.
7. It’s too hard. Maybe. But, then, anything worth doing in life is hard work. But that doesn’t mean it’s not fun. If it was easy then anyone with a half-hearted yen to be a professional actor would just walk into the job. If you really want this, you’ll be prepared to work for it.
You know what?
I have a whole folder full of these. I print out the best and go through them from time to time when I need a chuckle.
Fact is… no one who makes these kinds of excuses is really serious about being a professional actor. If they were they’d be taking action, not making excuses.
Your call -- If you don’t secure your place now, then it could soon be too late:
To your acting success!
P.S. If I haven’t given you enough reasons not to follow your dreams, just call us RIGHT NOW on 0208 906 6899 and we will give you a few more from the HUGE list we have -- because we’ve heard them ALL.
But the smart money is on those who stop making excuses and instead make commitments to their success: